- TRAVEL AGENCIES/T.O.
|Telephone||+39 02 43998948|
Natural Selection is a collection of owner-operated safari camps and lodges in Botswana and South Africa united by the common aim of providing our guests with unique and exceptional safari experiences and being a part of the conservation solution for Africa's wildlife. For us, the greatest luxury of all, by far, is experience. That’s why we're creating a portfolio of welcoming camps and one-of-a-kind experiences that are full of unique soul and colorful character, with extraordinary staff, located in the very heart of where the wild things are.
WHERE WE GO
Southern Africa is a place of contrasts. Botswana and South Africa may share several borders, but each country has its own very distinct features and dramatic charms. From Botswana's watery landscapes to South Africa's pristine coastline, there really is something for everyone – and we're here to show you the best bits.
Each of our countries has its own charms and allures, its own take-your-breath away landscapes and wild places, and its own share of fabulous wildlife. What we're trying to say is this: although each destination offers a selection of different safari experiences, there's also a common theme. On a Natural Selection safari to Botswana or South Africa, you'll be totally immersed in the wilderness from day one, and the animal encounters will be impossibly intimate. So, whichever country you choose, know that you'll be experiencing the very best of what Southern African has to offer.
WHAT WE DO
There's more than one way to experience the thrills of Southern Africa, and at Natural Selection, we've got something to suit everyone. We offer a selection of unique, owner-run safari camps, as well as fantastic Family Safaris. Our exhilarating Expeditions will take you off-the-beaten-track across the continent (and beyond), and our Custom Safaris are planned with you in mind – just tell us what tickles your fancy and we'll find something to suit.
- SAFARI CAMPS: Location, location, location. That's what we had in mind when we scoured Southern Africa for the best wildlife viewing areas in which to establish our camps. The result? A selection of private reserves and concessions across Southern Africa, where animals are abundant and safari-goers are few and far between – and we think you'll like them. Prepare to be totally immersed in your surroundings at a Natural Selection Camp. You're not a mere bystander, but instead you'll become part of the environment, whether you're in hot pursuit of a pack of wild dogs, or sipping a G&T in camp as the sun sinks below the horizon. In all our camps and lodges you'll find plump pillows and soft sheets, hot showers and fluffy towels. But we believe that the greatest luxury of all is the experience, and each of our camps are as unique and distinctive as the environment that surrounds them.
- CUSTOM SAFARIS: If there's one thing we love at Natural Selection it's sharing Africa's wildlife and wilderness. We also understand, however, that there's no such thing as a "one size fits all" safari. Different people have different tastes and interests, schedules and budgets, and that's exactly where our Custom Safaris fit in. A Natural Selection Custom Safari puts you in control of where you want to go and what you want to see – consider them a starting point to help you plan the safari of your dreams. You choose your route, camps and lodges, and we'll put the pieces of the puzzle together to make the journey work. The best part of planning a Custom Safari is selecting the camps and lodges to stay in. All of our camps and lodges are characterful and just the right amount of quirky, but they also have a myriad of different wildlife and things to do and see.
- MOBILE SAFARIS: A Natural Selection Mobile Safari is about adventure. Real, rugged adventure, with the dust swirling and the hyena howling in parts of Botswana that most travellers miss. They offer the freedom to move to the best locations, following the game to hidden, unexplored corners, and all in the company of an exceptional guide. So, what about the practical side? Our Mobile Safari camp can be set up in different locations to suit your pace and interests; our team will simply whisk the camp away and set it up in a new area whilst you're out exploring. The traditional Meru-style tents exude old fashioned charm, and are filled with Persian rugs and glowing lanterns. And forget about roll mats, deflating air mattresses and cold showers – we've got feather bedding, cool cotton sheets and hot showers on demand. This is real adventure, in unreal style!
- FAMILY SAFARIS: At Natural Selection, we believe that there are few family holiday opportunities that rival a Southern Africa safari for utter memory-making magic. A family safari is about reconnecting with nature and laughing around a campfire, or watching long-limbed giraffe at the waterhole with your family around you. But sometimes, a family safari requires a little more planning. We understand that youngsters need things to do, and that a few small extras can make all the difference when traveling with your brood. At Natural Selection, our guides are all family men and women and are well versed in looking after kids in the bush. Several of our camps have specially-designed family tents, usually with interconnecting rooms, to give you peace of mind when it matters, and some of our camps have swimming pools to keep little ones entertained during siesta time – and at other times for that matter! We've also come up with itineraries that we think will appeal to the whole family, from toddlers to teenagers right up to grandma and grandpa too. Happy, busy children and relaxed parents? Sounds like a perfect holiday.
- EXPEDITIONS: Vast expanses without a road or a town; exotic names of the tongue-twister variety; rivers, mountains and valleys rarely seen by human eyes. That's exactly where we headed on our Expeditions. Natural Selection's Expeditions are dedicated to exploring these seldom-explored corners of our planet, and to finding fresh ways of discovering more familiar ones. Our Expeditions aren't simply about getting off the beaten track – that’s the easy part. We want to connect with these places; to share a cup of tea with the local chieftain, and to seek out species so rare that they seem mythical. We know, it's a tall order, and that's why our Expeditions are led by some of the world's foremost naturalist guides and experts. And, more often than not, one of the founders of Natural Selection will join the fun as well.
EXPLORE WITH US
For the last 30 years, Natural Selection's founders have pioneered unique safari experiences across Southern Africa's untouched places and spaces. From intimate encounters with the continent's four-legged icons, to meaningful interactions with the people who live here, our safaris are characterful, captivating and adventurous. Our aim isn't simply to take you to a lion, or point out a herd of antelope. We want to show you the very best of what Southern Africa has to offer, away from the marketing brochures and the tourist crowds. We want to immerse you in the wild, and rekindle your sense of adventure. And, most importantly, we want you to leave the continent feeling inspired and excited, with stories that even your grandchildren will want to hear.
We're not interested in conquering, but in connecting with the land, the people and the communities in the areas we operate in. That's why our safari camps are sustainably built and operated, and blend seamlessly into their surroundings rather than dominate them. Most of them are owner-managed and operated too, or run as part of a joint partnership with the local community. We're also proud to donate 1.5% of our revenue to important conservation initiatives, and support ongoing research projects across the continent.
Our team is at your complete disposal for information, ad hoc quotations for individuals and groups.